SADDLE UP PHILLIPE BOUCHERRegular price R 437.70 Sale price R 416.00 Save R 21.70
This bit is also known as a Hanging Cheek snaffle. It is named after Francois Baucher – a somewhat controversial 18th Century master of the French classical school of dressage.
The top ring attaches to the cheek pieces of the bridle and the larger ring to the reins. This creates a small amount of poll pressure which encourages the horse to lower its head and flex at the poll. The top ring also holds the bit in a slightly different, and more specific, position in the horse’s mouth. This makes it a useful bit for horses with fussy mouths.
This bit is permissible for dressage when used with a snaffle bridle or as the bridoon bit in a double bridle.
- Mouthpiece Material: Stainless steel
- Mouthpiece Type: Jointed nutcracker
- Cheekpiece Material: Stainless steel.
- Cheekpiece Type: Hanging Cheek
- Snaffle Ring Diameter: 5cm.
- Cheekpiece length: 11cm.
- Curb Chain Included: N/A.
- Action: Bars of the mouth, tongue, roof and corners of the mouth, poll pressure